[openstack-dev] [heat] "heat.conf.sample is not up to date"

Ruslan Kamaldinov rkamaldinov at mirantis.com
Sun Aug 24 16:30:04 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Mike Spreitzer <mspreitz at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> What I really need to know is what to do when committing a change that
> really does require a change in the sample configuration file.  Of course I
> tried running generate_sample.sh, but `tox -epep8` still complains.  What is
> the right procedure to get a correct sample committed?  BTW, I am doing the
> following admittedly risky thing: I run DevStack, and make my changes in
> /opt/stack/heat/.

Mike,

It seems that you have oslo.messaging installed from master (default
behavior of Devstack), while heat.sample.config is built for
oslo.messaging v 1.3.1. As a quick workaround I'd suggest to downgrade
oslo.messaging to 1.3.1 in pep8 virtual environment:
$ cd /opt/stack/heat
$ source .tox/pep8/bin/activate
$ pip install oslo.messaging==1.3.1
$ deactivate
$ tox -e pep8 # should pass now

I'd also like to know what would be the procedure to update sample
config when new version of oslo.messaging is released? Maybe we should
pin requirements to specific version of oslo library and update that
requirement along with the sample config once new version is released?

--
Ruslan