[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] repackage ceilometer and ceilometerclient

Nejc Saje nsaje at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 06:12:04 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 07:50 AM, Osanai, Hisashi wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I wrote the following BP regarding repackaging ceilometer and ceilometerclient.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/repackaging-ceilometerclient
>
> I need to install the ceilometer package when the swift_middlware middleware uses.
> And the ceilometer package has dependencies with the following:
>
> - requirements.txt in the ceilometer package
> python-ceilometerclient>=1.0.6
> python-glanceclient>=0.13.1
> python-keystoneclient>=0.9.0
> python-neutronclient>=2.3.5,<3
> python-novaclient>=2.17.0
> python-swiftclient>=2.0.2
>
>  From maintenance point of view, these dependencies are undesirable. What do you think?

I don't think there's any way the modules you mention in the BP can be
moved into ceilometerclient. I think the best approach to resolve this
would be to rewrite swift middleware to use oslo.messaging
notifications, as discussed here:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-July/041628.html

Cheers,
Nejc