[openstack-dev] [Nova] Scheduler split wrt Extensible Resource Tracking

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 16:17:18 UTC 2014

Le 20/08/2014 15:13, Daniel P. Berrange a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 08:33:31AM -0400, Jay Pipes wrote:

While I totally understand the possibility to change our minds about an
approved spec, I'm a bit worried about the timeline and how it can
possibly impact deliveries.
In our case, the problem was raised in between 2 and 3 months after the
design session occurred, and more importantly, 1 week before Feature
Proposal Freeze.
As a consequence, it freezes the specification and we loose the
possibility to split the Scheduler by Juno.

I know there are discussions about how Nova should handle feature
delivery, I just want to make sure that this corner case is part of the
talks. IMHO, we need to make sure at least all cores validate a spec
(either explicitely or implicitely - by not giving -1 in less than 2
weeks once the spec validated, for example) or this situation could
occur more than infrequently.

My 2 cents,
-Sylvain