[openstack-dev] Status of Neutron IPv6 dual stack

Harm Weites harm at weites.com
Sat Aug 16 18:21:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

Given the work on [1] has been abandoned, I'm wondering what the current
status of going dual stack is. Of course, given Neutron got something
like that on it's roadmap.

The initial BP [2] aimed for Havana and Icehouse, and I'm unaware of
something similar to achieve a dual stack network. What are the options,
if any? To my knowledge it all comes down to supporting multiple
exterior interfaces (networks) on a l3-agent, which is currently limited
to just 1: either IP4 or IP6.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77471/
[2]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/allow-multiple-subnets-on-gateway-port