[openstack-dev] [Heat] SoftwareDeployment resource is always in progress

david ferahi david.ferahi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:55:00 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thank you Steve for your reply !

Yes I'm using the same manual you provided to create my image.

https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/tree/master/hot/software-config/elements

In my network configuration, the tenant network is created in the same
subnet as OpenStack Management
network (in order to ensure that controller, compute and network nodes can
ping my instances and vice versa).

The problem is:
       - From controller, network and compute nodes I can not ping my
instance and router address connected to tenant network.
       - From my instance I can just ping the router address but not
controller node.

Note that ICMP rules are added in the security group.

Maybe the deployments can't signal back because the instance can not reach
the controller node.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

David