[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [LBaaS] Followup on Service Ports and IP Allocation - IPAM from LBaaS Mid Cycle meeting

Eichberger, German german.eichberger at hp.com
Tue Aug 12 19:24:27 UTC 2014

Hi Mark,

Going through the notes from our midcycle meeting   (see https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-lbaas-mid-cycle-hackathon) I noticed your name next to the Service Port and IPAM:
Service Ports

*         Owner: Mark

*         Nova hacks

*         Nova port that nova borrows but doesn't destroy when VM is

IP allocation - IPAM

*         TBD: Large task: Owner: Mark

*         ability to assoc an IP that is not associated with a port/vm

*         can we create a faster way of moving IP's? (Susanne)

With all the other LBaaS work we sort of lost track on that but now as we started work on planning for Octavia I am wondering if there is any progress on those topics.

Thanks a dozen,
German