[openstack-dev] [neutron] [third-party] Cisco NXOS is not tested anymore

Henry Gessau gessau at cisco.com
Tue Aug 12 18:49:44 UTC 2014

On 8/12/2014 2:04 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2014-08-12 16:35:18 +0000 (+0000), Edgar Magana wrote:
>> If this plugin will be deprecated in Juno it means that the code
>> will be there for this release, I will expect to have the CI still
>> running for until the code is completely removed from the Neutron
>> tree.
>>
>> Anyway, Infra guys will have the last word here!
>
> It's really not up to the Project Infrastructure Team to decide
> this (we merely provide guidance, assistance and, sometimes,
> arbitration for such matters). It's ultimately the Neutron developer
> community who needs to determine whether they're willing to support
> an untested feature through deprecation or insist on continued
> testing until its full removal can be realized.

The Cisco Nexus sub-plugin is broken because the OVS plugin that is depends on
is broken. The Neutron Project switched from the OVS plugin to ML2 for testing
a long time ago, and the OVS plugin will be removed from the tree in Juno.
There are no plans to fix the OVS plugin, so the Cisco Nexus sub-plugin will
not be fixed either.

There are bugs[1,2] open to remove the deprecated plugins from the tree.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1323729
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1350387