[openstack-dev] [designate] [neutron] designate and neutron integration

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Mon Aug 11 17:02:10 UTC 2014

kazuhiro MIYASHITA,

I have done a lot of thinking about this.  I have a blueprint on hold
until Kilo for Neutron/Designate integration [1].

However, my blueprint doesn't quite address what you are going after
here.  An assumption that I have made is that Designate is an external
or internet facing service so a Neutron router needs to be in the
datapath to carry requests from dnsmasq to an external network.  The
advantage of this is that it is how Neutron works today so there is no
new development needed.

Could you elaborate on the advantages of connecting dnsmasq directly
to the external network where Designate will be available?

Carl

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/88624/