[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Exceptional approval request for Cisco Driver Blueprint

Jay Faulkner jay at jvf.cc
Thu Aug 7 18:03:34 UTC 2014

Hey,

I agree with Dmitry that this spec has a huge scope. If you resubmitted one with only the power interface, that could be considered for an exception.

A few specific reasons:

1) Auto-enrollment -- should probably be held off at the moment
 - This is something that was talked about extensively at mid-cycle meetup and will be a topic of much debate in Ironic for Kilo. Whatever comes out of that debate, if it ends up being considered within scope, would be what your spec would want to integrate with.
 - I'd suggest you come in IRC, say hello, and work with us as we go into kilo figuring out if auto-enrollment belongs in Ironic and if so, how your hardware could integrate with that system.

2) Power driver
 - If you split this out into another spec and resubmitted, it'd be at least a small enough scope to be considered.  Just as a note though; Ironic has very specific priorities for Juno, the top of which is getting graduated. This means some new features have fallen aside in favor of graduation requirements.

Thanks,
Jay