[openstack-dev] Fwd: FW: [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Subrahmanyam Ongole songole at oneconvergence.com
Thu Aug 7 06:38:12 UTC 2014

I am one of the developers on the project, so I have a strong preference
for option (1).

I think a 3rd option is also possible, which offers a scale down version of
GBP APIs. Contracts could be added in kilo. Provide EndPoints,
EndPointGroups, Rules and Policies. This is the simpler approach suggested
in GBP document, where you have a policy with a single rule (classifier &
action) applied between 2 EPGs. This approach minimizes complexity and
therefore saves precious reviewer's time. This requires some code reorg,
which may not be preferable to other developers on the project.

Alternatively, contracts could be added as optional vendor extensions in
Juno.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Alan Kavanagh <alan.kavanagh at ericsson.com>
wrote:

> +1
> I believe Pedro has a very valid point here, and that is the "the
> community to approve the spec and that decision should be respected". It
> makes sense to again clearly denote the "process and governance" and have
> this noted on the thread Stefano started earlier today.
>
> /Alan

Thanks
OSM
(Subrahmanyam Ongole)