[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron][Technical Committee] nova-network -> Neutron. Throwing a wrench in the Neutron gap analysis

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Aug 6 05:18:47 UTC 2014

On 6 August 2014 16:57, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

>> Note, however, that nobody is suggesting not having a migration path.
>> I'm just suggesting relaxing the requirement that the migration from
>> nova-network to neutron be without any downtime of instances.
>

> These users do not consider that a migration path, so actually that is what
> is being suggested.

We can't even deploy an upgrade of Nova->Nova without some downtime
today, so while I can *totally* agree with the aspiration, I'm not
sure that it should be a blocking thing - otherwise we should stop
releasing OpenStack at all for an extended period while we redo a
tonne of stuff.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>