[openstack-dev] [Neutron][oslo] Problem installing oslo.config-1.4.0.0a3 from .whl files

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Tue Aug 5 20:00:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

I noticed this yesterday afternoon.  I tried to run pep8 and unit
tests on a patch I was going to submit.  It failed with an error that
no package satisfying oslo.config could be found [1].  I went to pypi
and saw that the version appears to be available [2] but still
couldn't install it.

I tried to activate the .tox/pep8 virtual environment and install the
version explicitly.  Interestingly, that worked in one gerrit repo for
Neutron [3] but not the other [4].  These two virtual envs are on the
same machine.  I ran "git clean -fdx" to start over and now neither
virtualenv can install it.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?  It seems to be related to the
fact that oslo.config is now uploaded as .whl files, whatever those
are.  Why is it that my system cannot handle these?  I noticed that
oslo.config is now available only as .whl in the 1.4.0.0aN versions
but used to be available as .tar.gz files.

Carl

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/90651/
[2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/oslo.config
[3] http://paste.openstack.org/show/90674/