[openstack-dev] [Glance] Announcing glance-specs repo

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Fri Apr 25 21:42:09 UTC 2014

Hey hey glancy glance,

Recently glance drivers made a somewhat snap decision to adopt the "-specs"
gerrit repository approach for new blueprints.

Pursuant to that, Arnaud has been kind enough to put forward some infra
patches to set things up. After the patches to create the repo [1] and
enable tests [2] land, we will need one more patch to add the base
framework to the glance-specs repo, so there is a bit of time needed before
people will be able to submit their specs.

I'd like to see us use this system for Juno blueprints. I think it would
also be very helpful if any blueprints being discussed at the design summit
could adopt this format in time for review prior to the summit (which is
just over two weeks away). I understand that this is all a bit late in the
game to make such requirements, so obviously we'll try to be very
understanding of any difficulties.

Additionally, if any glance folks have serious reservations about adopting
the glance-specs repo, please speak up now.

Thanks again to Arnaud for spearheading this effort. And thanks to the Nova
crew for paving a nice path for us to follow.

Cheers,
markwash

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90461/
[2] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90469/