[openstack-dev] [Heat] Design summit preparation - Next steps for Heat Software Orchestration

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 24 06:28:25 UTC 2014

On 24 Apr 2014, at 01:43, Ruslan Kamaldinov <rkamaldinov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Thomas Spatzier
> <thomas.spatzier at de.ibm.com> wrote:
>> #2 Enable add-hoc actions on software components:

Cool, coincidentally or not but we use term “ad-hoc action” too in Mistral :) This is the functionality we implemented a couple of weeks ago. Might be useful to sync up on that.

> From the implementation point of view and our previous discussions I figure out
> that Mistral can be a good fit for lifecycle hooks execution. Renat (Mistral
> lead) added a topic [1] for Heat weekly meeting, I hope we can discuss this
> today as part of that topic.

Yes, Ruslan, I’ve been there and we've decided to move the discussion to ML. We’re now finalizing our current (which we still conventionally call PoC) development phase (preparing necessary materials) so once this is done it’ll be much easier to talk about opportunities for integration because everyone will be able to find out what exactly Mistral is.

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.