[openstack-dev] [Heat] Design summit preparation - Next steps for Heat Software Orchestration

Thomas Spatzier thomas.spatzier at de.ibm.com
Thu Apr 24 07:01:09 UTC 2014

Renat Akhmerov <rakhmerov at mirantis.com> wrote on 24/04/2014 08:28:25:

> From: Renat Akhmerov <rakhmerov at mirantis.com>
> Date: 24/04/2014 08:29
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Heat] Design summit preparation - Next
> steps for Heat Software Orchestration
>

> On 24 Apr 2014, at 01:43, Ruslan Kamaldinov <rkamaldinov at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> > On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Thomas Spatzier
> > <thomas.spatzier at de.ibm.com> wrote:
> >> #2 Enable add-hoc actions on software components:
>
> Cool, coincidentally or not but we use term “ad-hoc action” too in
> Mistral :) This is the functionality we implemented a couple of
> weeks ago. Might be useful to sync up on that.

Ok, that sounds good. I was hoping we can move this discussion in a
direction where we can converge several of the recently ongoing
discussions :-) So if this makese sense for everybody and there is time,
let's see what can be covered in that session.

My personal view is that we should discuss what fits as a next step into
Heat's software orchestration (i.e. natural fit without scope bust), and do
it in a way that allows surrounding projects to interface nicely with it.