[openstack-dev] [MagnetoDB] Confusing Cassandra behavior

Ilya Sviridov isviridov at mirantis.com
Wed Apr 23 11:48:46 UTC 2014

Sorry, the previous message has been mistakenly sent.

So,

I have taken a look and found out that cassandra-cli output after UPDATE
and INSERT operation is different,

On first update it is

update test SET value=null where id='1';

[default at test] list test;
-------------------
RowKey: 1

On first insert

insert into test (id, value) VALUES('1', null);

[default at test] list test;
-------------------
RowKey: 1
=> (name=, value=, timestamp=1398166276501000)

It seems  thous operations are handled in different ways  in CQL part or
something.

I had no chance to look closer today, but hope it helps.

About Cassandra version update, I think it is time and we have to do it.
For now I've filed BP for that
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnetodb/+spec/update-cassandra-to-2.0.7,
let us discuss it.

With best regards,