[openstack-dev] Fwd: [MagnetoDB] Confusing Cassandra behavior

Dmitriy Ukhlov dukhlov at mirantis.com
Wed Apr 23 05:57:54 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dmitriy Ukhlov <dukhlov at mirantis.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Subject: [openstack-dev][MagnetoDB] Confusing Cassandra behavior
openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>

Hello everyone!

Today I'm faced with unexpected Cassandra behavior. Please keep in mind
that if you execute UPDATE query end set all fields to null (or empty
collections for collection type) it can delete your record, but also it can
only set values to null and keep record alive. It depends on how to record
was created: using insert query or update query. Please take a look at
reproduce steps here https://gist.github.com/dukhlov/11195881.
FYI: Cassandra 2.0.7 has been released. As we know there were some fixes
for condition operation and batch operations which are necessary for us. So
It would be nice to update magnetodb devstack to use Cassandra 2.0.7

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy Ukhlov

--