[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Fix migration that breaks Grenade jobs

Jakub Libosvar libosvar at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 09:14:25 UTC 2014

On 04/22/2014 10:53 AM, Anna Kamyshnikova wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I'm working on fixing bug 1307344. I found out solution that will fix
> Grenade jobs and will work for online and offline migartions.
> https://review.openstack.org/87935 But I faced the problem that Metering
> usage won't be fixed as we need to create 2 tables (meteringlabels,
> meteringlabelrules). I tried to create both in patch set #7 but it won't
> work for offline migration. In fact to fix Grenade it is enough to
> create meteringlabels table, that is done in my change in the last patch
> set #8. I want to ask reviewers to take a look at this change and
> suggest something or approve it. I'm available on IRC(akamyshnikova) or
> by email.
>
> Regards
> Ann
Hi Ann,

Good suggestion how to get out of failing job but I don't think it
should go to 33c3db036fe4_set_length_of_description_field_metering.py
because this failure is grenade specific while the real issue is a fact
that we're not able to add new service plugin to already deployed Neutron.

I think the same workaround you proposed in the 87935 review should go
to grenade itself (from-havana/upgrade-neutron script) just to have the
job working on havana->icehouse upgrade. It's a bit of ugly workaround
though but imho so far the best solution to reach stable job in a short
time.

Kuba