[openstack-dev] Reviewing spelling and grammar errors in blueprints Re: [Nova] nova-specs

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Apr 17 13:41:07 UTC 2014

On 04/16/2014 07:56 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
>> Do we really want to -1 for spelling mistake in nova-specs?
>
> I do, yes. These documents are intended to be read by deployers and
> future developers. I think it's really important that they're useful in
> that regard.

Guys, use your judgement with this. If a spelling mistake is really an
impediment to understanding the meaning of the sentence or introduces
ambiguity, by all mean fix it (i.e. provide a correction, for native
English speakers).

Always imagine that on the other side there is someone who has feelings
and may have already done an immense effort to learn how to express
technical concepts in a foreign language. Getting a vote for a small
thing brings any adult back to childhood memories and may cause bad
feelings.

Be very very careful. I know most of reviewers are already being
careful, I'm just piling up on top of that carefuless: there is never
enough :)

Please don't -1 if it's a minor grammar/spelling mistake that doesn't
prevent proper understanding of the blueprint by a person skilled in the
art.

/stef