[openstack-dev] [Murano] Working in devstack?

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 15 23:23:04 UTC 2014

Hi Mark,

Thank you for a detailed report. As I know Murano team is working on fixing
devstack scripts.

As for DB setup it should be done by a command: tox -evenv -- murano-manage
--config-file etc/murano/murano-api.conf db-sync

It works in my testing environment.

Thanks
Georgy

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Mark Kirkwood <
mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There is some interest here in making use of Murano for Samba ADDC a
> service...so we've been (attempting) to get it up and running in devstack.
> In the process I've managed to get myself confused about the correct
> instructions for doing this:
>
> - the docs suggest http://murano-docs.github.io/latest/getting-started/
> content/ch04s03.html
> - the project provides murano-deployment/devstack-scripts/README.rst)
>
> ...which are markedly different approaches (it *looks* like the project
> README.rst is out of date, as it the scripts it runs try to get
> heat-horizon from repos that do not exist anymore). If this approach is not
> longer workable, we should really remove (or correct these instructions).
>
> So following http://murano-docs.github.io/latest/getting-started/
> content/ch04s03.html inside a Ubuntu 12.04 VM I stumbled into a few bugs:
>
> - several missing deps in various murano-*/requirements.txt (see attached)
> - typo in /murano-api/setup.sh (db_sync vs db-sync)
>
> Fixing these seems to get most things going (some tabs crash with missing
> tables, so I need to dig a bit more to find where they get created...).
>
> Any pointers/etc would be much appreciated!
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

Georgy Okrokvertskhov
Architect,