[openstack-dev] [Murano] Working in devstack?

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Apr 15 23:11:05 UTC 2014

Hi all,

There is some interest here in making use of Murano for Samba ADDC a
service...so we've been (attempting) to get it up and running in
devstack. In the process I've managed to get myself confused about the
correct instructions for doing this:

- the docs suggest
http://murano-docs.github.io/latest/getting-started/content/ch04s03.html
- the project provides murano-deployment/devstack-scripts/README.rst)

...which are markedly different approaches (it *looks* like the project
README.rst is out of date, as it the scripts it runs try to get
heat-horizon from repos that do not exist anymore). If this approach is
not longer workable, we should really remove (or correct these
instructions).

So following
http://murano-docs.github.io/latest/getting-started/content/ch04s03.html
inside a Ubuntu 12.04 VM I stumbled into a few bugs:

- several missing deps in various murano-*/requirements.txt (see attached)
- typo in /murano-api/setup.sh (db_sync vs db-sync)

Fixing these seems to get most things going (some tabs crash with
missing tables, so I need to dig a bit more to find where they get
created...).

Any pointers/etc would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Mark