[openstack-dev] [infra][nova][docker]

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 15:47:43 UTC 2014

On 04/11/2014 11:28 AM, Paul Czarkowski wrote:
> I would rather see the devstack support be integrated in devstack's repo
> itself.   There's a review
> Outstanding for devstack[1] that adds this support in and also adds in
> some pieces to make
> it easier to utilize external nova drivers.
>

> If that fails out then I'm all for merging in your review to the
> nova-docker driver.  We're
> Currently using nova-docker for Solum and having the devstack support
> would help us out a lot.
>
> There is some ugliness in the nova-docker review[2] that we could avoid by
> merging the integration
> directly into devstack.

> [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81097/3/contrib/devstack/stackrc.diff

Agree that directly in devstack is easier, but I just don't see that
happening.  They've been pretty clear on only including support for
things in official projects.

See Sean's review of "I feel like this should be done entirely as an
extras.d file which is actually in the docker driver tree. If there are
call points which are needed in extras.d, we should add those."

So, I think we should proceed with the support in the nova-docker repo
for now.  That will unblock CI progress against nova-docker, which is
the #1 blocker for eventually re-proposing the driver to nova itself.

--
Russell Bryant