[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] [Horizon] Icehouse Release of TripleO UI + Demo

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 13:39:28 UTC 2014

> Hi Jarda,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> Unfortunately, these instructions aren't very useful if you want to do
> an installation based on packages. Something like:
>
> git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack/tripleo-incubator
> $TRIPLEO_ROOT/tripleo-incubator/scripts/devtest.sh --trash-my-machine
>
> is of course a no go. Stuff with "pip install" or "easy_install", or git
> clone, aren't what Debian users should read.
>
> So, I guess the documentation for when using packages have to be written
> from scratch. I'm not sure where to start... :( Do you have time to help
> with this?
>
> Now, yes, I'd be very happy to chat about this on IRC. However, I have
> to get my hands on a powerful enough server. I've read a post in this
> list by Robert that I would need at least 16 GB of RAM. I hope to get a
> spare hardware for such tests soon.
>
> Thomas

Right, sorry, I somehow missed Debian note in your e-mail...

Robert was right, it is a bit demanding project :) So once you get your
server, just jump into the #tuskar channel and somebody will definitely
try to help you with setting it up. If you could take notes and help us
updating the wiki page with installation instruction for Debian, it
would be awesome.

Thanks
-- Jarda