[openstack-dev] [Tripleo][Neutron] Tripleo & Neutron

Roman Podoliaka rpodolyaka at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 7 13:49:13 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Perhaps, we should file a design session for Neutron-specific questions?

>>> 1. Define a neutron node (tripleo-image-elements/disk-image-builder) and make sure it deploys and scales ok (tripleo-heat-templates/tuskar). This comes under by lifeless blueprint at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-tuskar-deployment-scaling-topologies

As far as I understand, this must be pretty straightforward: just
reuse the neutron elements we need when building an image for a
neutron node.

>>> 2. HA the neutron node. For each neutron services/agents of interest (neutron-dhcp-agent, neutron-l3-agent, neutron-lbaas-agent ... ) fix any issues with running these in HA - perhaps there are none \o/? Useful whether using a dedicated Neutron node or just for HA the undercloud-control node

- HA for DHCP-agent is provided out-of-box - we can just use
'dhcp_agents_per_network' option
(https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-image-elements/blob/master/elements/neutron/os-apply-config/etc/neutron/neutron.conf#L59)

- for L3-agent there is a BP started, but the patches haven't been
merged yet  - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/l3-high-availability

- API must be no different from other API services we have

>>> 3. Does it play with Ironic OK? I know there were some issues with Ironic and Neutron DHCP, though I think this has now been addressed. Other known/unkown bugs/issues with Ironic/Neutron - the baremetal driver will be deprecated at some point...

You must be talking about specifying PXE boot options by the means of
neutron-dhcp-agent. Yes, this has been merged to Neutron for a while
now (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30441/).

Thanks,
Roman