[openstack-dev] bug/129135

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Tue Apr 1 13:38:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Nathanael Burton
<nathanael.i.burton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, how does this work for RHEL-based distros where they tend to backport
> new kernel features?  For instance vxlan support was added in the kernel for
> RHEL6.5 which is 2.6.32-based...  That changeset looks like it breaks
> Neutron for ovs + vxlan on RHEL distros.

The change as I coded it won't work for this case. I wasn't aware of
the changes being made
by the Red Hat folks to backport VXLAN support. I'd be curious to here
from them on-list if
they backported the upstream Linux kernel VXLAN support or the OVS
VXLAN support. My
guess would be the former.

Thanks,
Kyle