[openstack-dev] [tempest][scenario] independece test between Stack and backing services?

後藤 僚哉 tomoya.goto at ctc-g.co.jp
Tue Apr 1 07:14:02 UTC 2014

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for an independence test between an OpenStack environment
and virtual environments.

In case of updating an openstack environment, you need to stop each
OpenStack process, but you don't want the instances to be affected by
OpenStack outages.
So before maintenane, you want to make sure OpenStack and backing
services(KVM, OVS, storage,.) are separate.

For example.
 1) Creating a virtual environment on a OpenStack environment. this
includes Nova instances, Neutron L2/3 networks, Cinder volumes and etc.
 2) Stopping one or more OpenStack's processes.
 3) Running this test, and checking that each resource doesn't stop.
 4) Updating an OpenStack, editing configurations or etc.
I assume such test is coverd by tempest.

Dose Tempest have those test methods? or if not, do you think it's going
to be handy if I make such test?

Best regards,
Tomoya Goto