[openstack-dev] Gate issues - what you can do to help

Gareth academicgareth at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 04:08:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> Right now the gate is extremely full, there are a number of reasons for
> that. What's more important right now is to try not to make it worse while
> we get resolution on things.
>
> 1) Please *do not* Approve or Reverify stable/* patches. The pyparsing
> requirements conflict with neutron client from earlier in the week is still
> not resolved on stable/*. A stable/* approved patch will not get through
> the gate, and it will just reset everyone else, adding 40 minutes to the
> gate time for all patches in the queue.

This is not the first time say "please don't reverify or approve". Can we
add a feature in the future to temporarily block all patches except tempest
or some specified ones? Or privilege gate for some important patches.

> 2) Please help with the 2 bugs that Joe Gordon posted earlier.
>
> There is a Neutron issue, which looks like it might be a db deadlock -
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/**neutron/+bug/1230407<https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1230407>which is bouncing jobs a lot in the gate
>
> There is a Volumes test fail https://bugs.launchpad.net/**
> tempest/+bug/1226337 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1226337>,
> which looks like it is tgt quietly failing to spin up a volume, and cinder
> not noticing. We've got a change in the check queue to try to enable more
> debugging to get to the bottom of it. However more help on it would be
> useful.
>
>         -Sean
>
> --
> Sean Dague
> http://dague.net

Gareth

*Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Fitness, Basketball*
*OpenStack contributor*
*Company: UnitedStack <http://www.ustack.com>*
*My promise: if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes in my email from
Mar 1 2013, notify me *
*and I'll donate $1 or ¥1 to an open organization you specify.*