[openstack-dev] [heat] Heat PTL election

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 20:39:28 UTC 2013

Hi all,

As suggested by markmc earlier[1] it seems sensible for incumbent PTLs to
clarify their position if they are not planning to nominate themselves for
re-election.

Therefore, I'd like to confirm that I do not plan to put myself forward as
Heat PTL for the Icehouse cycle.

Heat is fortunate in that we have an extremely strong core team, with
several members who I'm sure would do a great job serving as PTL.

When I stepped into the role, we had discussions about the idea of rotating
the PTL responsibility, and since I'm confident that at least one of those
folks plans to nominate themselves, I'm happy to step aside and concentrate
on coding for Icehouse :)

I remain very much committed to the Heat project, I'm looking forward to
continuing my work as a core reviewer and contributor.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-September/015478.html