[openstack-dev] Oslo PTL election

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 06:37:22 UTC 2013

Hey

I meant to send this as soon as nominations opened - I figure that
incumbent PTLs should make it clear if they don't intend to nominate
themselves for re-election.

To that end - I'm not going to put myself forward for election as Oslo
PTL this time around. This is purely based on a gut instinct that doing
so will actually be better for Oslo. I still care a great deal about
Oslo's mission and will continue to work on Oslo in Icehouse, e.g. doing
reviews and getting the oslo.messaging work over the line.

I think the legacy of cut-and-paste code across OpenStack is a serious
threat to OpenStack's future progress and tackling it effectively is
going to require the help of many more of the core developers from other
projects. I'm hoping that by not being PTL, there'll be more space for
others to jump in and help drive Oslo's direction with new ideas and new
approaches.

Thanks,
Mark.