[openstack-dev] [neutron] Python-neutronclient failing with pyparsing 2.0.1, probably issue is in python-cliff / cliff-tablib

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Sun Sep 22 14:54:40 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> On 09/22/2013 10:10 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > I am working with the primary author on having a cmd2 release that uses
> > pyparsing 2.0.1. That will allow us to be consistent in specifying our
> > requirements.
>
> Oh! Is this related to cmd2?

cliff uses cmd2 and the current release of cmd2 specifies different
versions of pyparsing for python 2.x and 3.x. We've landed the change to
fix the dependency, but still need to make a release of cmd2. I'm working
with the author to do that.

> > I'm not aware of any specific test failures though.
>
> Just try building this:
>
> http://ubuntu-havana.pkgs.enovance.com/debian/pool/precise-havana-backports/main/p/python-neutronclient/python-neutronclient_2.3.0-1~bpo2012.04+1.dsc
>
> with pyparsing 2.0.1 installed.
>
> > Is there a bug report for those?
>
> No. Should I fill it?

Without knowing what error you're actually seeing, it's impossible to say
if the problem is in the code or not, but you should probably open a
ticket. Please include details like the output of the test or packaging job
-- don't assume that the person reading the bug report knows how to build
debian packages.

Doug