[openstack-dev] [savanna] What's the recipe to build Oozie-4.0.0.tar.gz?

Nikolay Makhotkin nmakhotkin at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 23 10:37:53 UTC 2013

Hi, Matthew!

Note, apache does not make oozie builds, and we have to build it manually.

To build oozie.tar.gz you should follow the steps below:

1. Download oozie distribution from apache mirror (e.g.
http://apache-mirror.rbc.ru/pub/apache/oozie/4.0.0)
2. Build includes maven project, so you should have installed maven
3. Download ExtJS library (extJS-2.2) (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.2.zip)
for enabling Oozie web console in build
4. run mkdistro.sh -DskipTests in oozie distribution directory (some tests
are failed so we don't need it to pass)
5. copy this build file (in distro/target/) to newly created hadoop cluster
and unpack
6. copy hadoop jars (including hadoop-core, hadoop-client, hadoop-auth) to
<oozie-dir>/libext/ directory (you should create it)
7. copy ext-2.2.zip to libext/ directory too
8. run       $ bin/oozie-setup.sh prepare-war -d libext

Then, your oozie package is ready, pack it to tar.gz and deploy on clusters

Similar instruction to build oozie.tar.gz you may find here:
http://oozie.apache.org/docs/4.0.0/DG_QuickStart.html#Building_Oozie

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Alexander Ignatov <aignatov at mirantis.com>wrote:

> -------- Original Message --------  Subject: [openstack-dev] [savanna]
> What's the recipe to build Oozie-4.0.0.tar.gz?  Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
> 15:42:49 -0400  From: Matthew Farrellee <matt at redhat.com><matt at redhat.com>  Reply-To:
>
> Having diskimage-create.sh is a great addition for the Savanna user
> community. It greatly simplifies the image building process (using DIB
> for those of you not familiar), making it repeatable and giving everyone
> a hope of debugging issues.
>
> One thing it does is install oozie. It pulls oozie from http://savanna-files.mirantis.com/oozie-4.0.0.tar.gz
>
> What's the recipe to create oozie-4.0.0.tar.gz?
>
> Best,
>

> matt

Best Regards,
Nikolay Makhotkin,