[openstack-dev] [nova] EC2 Compatibility metadata on config drive, fixed IP info

Mate Lakat mate.lakat at citrix.com
Tue Oct 22 19:48:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

We are looking at config drive use cases, and saw this in the official
docs:

  Do not rely on the presence of the EC2 metadata present in the config
  drive (i.e., files under the ec2 directory), as this content may be
  removed in a future release.

      http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/config-drive.html

Do we have any information on when will that EC2 metadata be dropped?

I would like to get the fixed ip from the metadata, and I only found it
in the EC2 section.

Are there any plans to include the IP info in the OS metadata?

Thanks,
Mate

--
Mate Lakat