[openstack-dev] Debian Jessie freeze date announced: 5th of November 2014

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Oct 14 04:34:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

The Debian release team has announced the release date for Jessie:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/10/msg00004.html

This means that for this release, we will *not* have any kind of sync
with Ubuntu LTS (last time for Wheezy, we froze a few months after the
2012.04 LTS).

I haven't made up my mind yet if we should release Debian Jessie with
OpenStack Icehouse (to have the same release as the Ubuntu LTS), or with
the "J" release. I'd be happy to gather comments and suggestions about
it, and discuss about it at the HK summit.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)