[openstack-dev] [TRIPLEO] tripleo-core update october

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Tue Oct 8 11:13:25 UTC 2013

Hi

On 8 October 2013 11:59, Jaromir Coufal <jcoufal at redhat.com> wrote:

>     * Example: It doesn't make sense, that someone who is core-reviewer
> based on image-builder is able to give +2 on UI or CLI code and vice-versa.

I'm not sure this is a technical problem as much as a social problem - if
someone isn't able to give a good review (be it -1/+1 or +2) on a
particular change, they should just not review it, regardless of which part
of the project it relates to.

I'm a tripleo core reviewer, but I have been ignoring the tuskar reviews
until I have had some time to play with it and get a feel for the code. You
can argue that I therefore shouldn't even have the power to give a +2 on
tuskar code, but I would note that before Robert added me to core he wasn't
simply watching the quantity of my reviews, he was also giving me feedback
on areas I was going wrong. I would imagine that if I was wildly throwing
around inappropriate reviews on code I wasn't qualified to review, he would
give me feedback on that too and ultimately remove me as a reviewer.

Perhaps this is something that won't scale well, but I have a great deal of
faith in Robert's judgement on who is or isn't reviewing effectively.

--
Cheers,

Chris