[openstack-dev] [horizon] Building an application a top

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Fri Nov 1 17:24:54 UTC 2013

On 13-11-01 12:53 PM, Lyle, David wrote:
> This is a topic near to my heart.  I think it's a logical move to have a separate dashboard for identity.  At the summit, we have a session planned on discussing the overall Information Architecture of Horizon http://icehousedesignsummit.sched.org/event/3b3b3430fe23da9ffed6a15eda50fd25
>
> One part of that discussion will be to look at where Identity fits in.
>
> But a second item needs to happen to make this feasible.  Horizon needs to adopt a more extensible layout so that we can accommodate more than 2 dashboards without running into size constraints.  This is also a planned discussion at the design summit.
>
> So no definitive plans yet, but stay tuned.

Okay, so this is some what good news there is existing discussion
happening around this.

That's basically how I plan to move forward. For the moment I'll simply
extract the identity dashboard from openstack_dashboard and embed it
into my app.  Hopefully replacing it when upstream decides to break out
identiy into its own dashboard.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)