[openstack-dev] [quantum] tox -e pep8 warns about test command not installed

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Fri May 17 02:10:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Henry Gessau <gessau at cisco.com> wrote:
> When I run 'tox -e pep8' I get the following warning:
>
>   pep8 runtests: commands[0]
>   WARNING:test command found but not installed in testenv
>     cmd: /bin/bash
>     env: /home/henry/Dev/q-cisco-ut/.tox/pep8

Tox is running bash as one of its commands. Bash is not installed into
the pep8 virtualenv so you get this warning. You can see the command
tox runs in the tox.ini file. In this case it is `bash
./tools/run_pep8.sh`. You can ignore this warning for now, but I
believe Monty wants to fix it so that quantum does not use a run_pep8
script. If he does that properly the warning should go away.

Clark