[openstack-dev] [barbican] Secret entity constraints

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Tue May 14 18:53:35 UTC 2013

John,

I think requiring a name for a secret just for UI purposes, unless it would be an index into the secrets database is meaningless.
If a name is provided, my guess is user plans to request it using name (such as in use my-super-master-extra-long-key ).
If no name is provided, the uuid generated as key-id could be duplicated in the name field for UI purposes. Not necessary to even store it in DB, just null is fine there.

Regards
Malini