[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Authentication and password length

K.W.S.Siu K.W.S.Siu at kent.ac.uk
Tue May 14 11:57:31 UTC 2013

Hi All,

When we performance tested our federated authentication middleware recently we found that the time to authenticate (internal time measurement) / get an unscoped token (JMeter network time measurement) increases by some 50% with a password of 28 characters when compared to a password of 9 characters, I've detailed our results below for reference.

100ms longer processing time seems quite a lot and we were hoping someone could explain this.

Many thanks,

Kristy

On server measurements

Mean (Time taken MS)