[openstack-dev] Glance/cinder Nova API proxying

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue May 14 01:03:39 UTC 2013

On 05/13/2013 07:48 PM, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a follow up on Andrew Laski's comment on
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28756/ regarding some
> discussions at the Summit whether Nova  should continue to be an API
> proxy for glance. I can't find the email at the moment, but IIRC
> there was a consensus to remove from the Nova API parts that the cinder
> now API provides.
>
> Is there a similar consensus for Glance in which case the core images
> API from V2 won't be ported to V3 (or should it be made demoted to an
> 'extension' instead (which in V3 doesn't make much difference).

+1 on removing.

> Also are there any other parts of the Nova API in V2 which anyone
> believes should not be in V3 at all?

Yes.  I think we should make the V3 API assume that the deployment is
using The-Project-Formerly-Known-As-Quantum (TPFKAQ).  That means that
any parts of the API that just proxy over to TPFKAQ when TPFKAQ is in
use should just be removed, as well.

> In a closely related issue there is also a blueprint covering promoting
> APIs to core and vice-versa and we'll need to get a consensus around
> this as well, so if anyone has any suggestions, please make them.

Sounds good.  Is there a proposal in progress that people can review?
etherpad/wiki?

Thanks for driving all of this!

--
Russell Bryant