[openstack-dev] [quantum] bug 1178136 and 1078490 dispositioning...

Paul Michali pcm at cisco.com
Fri May 10 12:26:30 UTC 2013

On May 10, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Akihiro MOTOKI wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> 2013/5/10 Paul Michali <pcm at cisco.com>
> Seeking advice on handling here…
>
> Both are about subnet create not checking if gateway is in subnet.
>
> 1178136 appears to be a duplicate of 1078490. How do I disposition 1178136? Mark invalid?
>
> In such case "Mark as duplicate" is the best way.  I marked 1178136 as duplicate.

PCM: I didn't see that as one of the status selections. Where did you go to mark it as a duplicate.

> 1078490 appears to be a configuration error. There is a flag in quantum.conf that indicates whether or not the GW must be within the subnet or not. How do I disposition 1078490? Invalid?
>
> I have not sort out my opinion yet... I will comment on the bug later.

PCM: OK, let me know. Seems like a config error, as the user could just set the flag in quantum.conf to get the checking.

> Note, I checked the unit tests and there IS a test case where the force_gateway_on_subnet flag is set and then a test is made to make sure that the GW IP is within the subnet being created. However, there are no negative test cases (GW=subnet, GW=BCAST address, and GW not in subnet). Should I add mark the bug in progress and add the test cases. instead of trashing the bug?
>
> Is it related to the above bug? IMO the lack of the unit test is another bug.

PCM: I looked closer at the UTs, it looks like there is some coverage after all. From what I see, there is no test of a GW set to the network IP and set to the BCAST address, both of which are rejected, if that flag is set. Somewhat minor conditions.

There also isn't a test of subnet_update(), with the force GW flag set and the GW out of range. subnet_update() shares the same validate function, so this probably isn't needed.

We could use this opportunity to add 2-3 UTs, or just close as config error (not a bug).

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

PCM (Paul Michali)