[openstack-dev] how to configure cisco plugin in devstack environment

Yuling_C at DELL.com Yuling_C at DELL.com
Mon May 6 17:50:56 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm new to devstack and would need to configure cisco plugin to work in devstack environment. I followed the instruction in the webpage (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cisco-quantum#A_Cisco_Plugin_Framework_for_Quantum_L2_Network_Overlays_Spanning_Multiple_Physical_Switches_.28Grizzly_Release.29) to configure cisco plugin. However, devstack seems to always pick up OVSQuantumPluginV2 as 'core_plugin'.  Any idea?

I tried to set up Q_plugin in localrc. However, it seems cisco is not one of the plugins supported under /opt/stack/devstack/lib/quantum_plugins...do I need to configure this variable in localrc? If not, what else I need to do in order for openstack to pick up Cisco plugin in devstack environment?

Thanks,

YuLing