[openstack-dev] blueprint for 'spare-hosts'

Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) andrea.rosa at hp.com
Tue Mar 26 09:35:58 UTC 2013

Hi Matthew,

>I can see the 'reason for disabled' patch as a usable work around. I'm sad that it's a hassle to get the patch in, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that happens to.

You can find here[1] the new blueprint for adding the "reason" field for disabling services. This new version is based on the API extension os-services and not on nova-manage script.
It's taking time to get finished for several reasons one of them is there are other tasks/bugs for that extensions to get merged before going ahead with the new feature.

Hope this helps.
Regards
--
Andrea Rosa