[openstack-dev] blueprint for 'spare-hosts'

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 10:54:18 UTC 2013

Hi Matthew,
for "spare" compute nodes we are using what Phil said.
The difference that I see in your blueprint is that a "spare host will be guaranteed not to have any VMs".
An this is not true if we disable the nova-compute service.

Instead, couldn't we have a flag in nova that guarantees (or not) this behaviour in disabled compute nodes?

cheers,
Belmiro