[openstack-dev] Future of Launchpad Answers [Community]

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 25 09:35:42 UTC 2013

John Dickinson wrote:
> I would be quite sad to see the content in Launchpad Answers lost. It's been a fairly active place for Swift. We have 376 questions answered or solved. I'd hate to see that content lost and need to be recreated from scratch.

We can disable Answers on a per-project basis, so it's possible for
projects that have a large set of answers that are still valid to keep
using them.

The trick is we can't really turn them into a read-only resource to
encourage people to switch to ask.openstack.org while keeping Answers
searchable. So they will coexist, unless we import answers into ask at
some point.

I'll look into how we could automate that import.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack