[openstack-dev] [PY3] Python3 Compatibility Team

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Mar 20 11:03:08 UTC 2013

Eric Windisch wrote:
> I would like to announce the creation of the Python3 Compatibility Team.
>
> Our goal is to wean OpenStack projects off Python 2 and to allow new projects entering OpenStack incubation to be written in Python3. I intend this will happen through a combination of gate testing as well as an active porting effort for our library projects. We are now seeking members.

For reference, we had a Python 3 session at the Folsom Design summit,
the notes still live at:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/Python3-Folsom

I know Mike Pittaro and Doug Hellmann were pretty interested in pushing
that effort.

> For communication, please use the openstack-dev list with the [PY3] tag in your subject.
>
> Meetings are bi-weekly (every other week) on Thursdays at 16:00, following the Metering team meeting. The first meeting is this Thursday.

Added to the Google calendar feed for OpenStack meetings.

> Finally, please indicate your interest by joining our launchpad project:
> https://launchpad.net/~openstack-py3-team

Joined!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)