[openstack-dev] [PY3] Python3 Compatibility Team

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Wed Mar 20 01:23:06 UTC 2013

I would like to announce the creation of the Python3 Compatibility Team.

Our goal is to wean OpenStack projects off Python 2 and to allow new projects entering OpenStack incubation to be written in Python3. I intend this will happen through a combination of gate testing as well as an active porting effort for our library projects. We are now seeking members.

For communication, please use the openstack-dev list with the [PY3] tag in your subject.

Meetings are bi-weekly (every other week) on Thursdays at 16:00, following the Metering team meeting. The first meeting is this Thursday.

Finally, please indicate your interest by joining our launchpad project:
https://launchpad.net/~openstack-py3-team

Thank you,
Eric Windisch