[openstack-dev] Tempest question

Jérôme Gallard jeronimo974 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:08:10 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have a question regarding tempest. I'm not very comfortable with it,
so... sorry if my question is naive!

The context of my question is related to cinder tests.
I want to retrieve the "host" attribute of a volume (like
"os-vol-host-attr:host" with the "cinder show" command). However I'm
not able to retrieve it.
To do that, I use the "get_volume" function as it is used in several
tests provided with tempest (tempest/tests/volume/*).
I tried with normal or admin credentials, but it does not work (KeyError: host).
However, I manage to retrieve the "display_name" attribute for
instance but it is not the one I want :-s

Do you have an idea about what I missed?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Jérôme