[openstack-dev] OpenStack newcomers channel opening in Freenode

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Sun Mar 3 09:06:57 UTC 2013

Hi Victoria,

I created a summit session proposal http://summit.openstack.org/cfp/details/59 but I feel it's the wrong format. I've had recurring questions about the summit from new OpenStack developers trained by Upstream University. Some of them will attend because their company pays for it but they feel they are not ready. Mostly because they are used to more conventional and non-participatory conferences.

This session would be useful to encourage participation and sharing during the summit. So that more developers speak about their use case and expectations during the sessions. Ideally it would be scheduled the morning of the first day and advertised appropriately to people attending for the first time.

Cheers