[openstack-dev] OpenStack Programs

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jun 25 19:11:52 UTC 2013

James E. Blair wrote:
> I propose that in the future, we adopt the following strategy:
>
>  * Any repo associated with an official OpenStack program is entitled to
>    use the openstack org.
>  * Programs may request an org for their program, with justification,
>    but in general we should limit the number of orgs in use.

That's one way of doing it, although I find it a bit confusing.

If you follow markmc's vision of having some repo deliveries tagged as
being part of the OpenStack "product", you could argue that the
openstack/ org should be restricted to "openstack product" repos. That
would be a convenient way of finding them.

Alternatively you could limit the openstack/ org to "projects" and
require that all "programs" set up their own org (like
openstack-infra/). That way the orgs would mirror our taxonomy.

I don't have strong feelings either way, and I think we can decide on
that once the first "programs" are set up.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)