[openstack-dev] [marconi] Max payload size

Kurt Griffiths kurt.griffiths at rackspace.com
Tue Jun 25 16:03:53 UTC 2013

Folks,

I just learned that Amazon upped their max payload size for SQS and SNS to
256 KB. From their blog[1]:

> Our customers tell us larger payloads will enable new use cases that
>were previously difficult to accomplish.

We could follow suite with Marconi, but I'd like to know what use cases
AWS customers are talking about. Anyone have further insight into this?

/kgriffs

[1]:
http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2013/06/larger-payloads-256-kb-for-amazon-sqs-an
d-sns.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+AmazonW
ebServicesBlog+(Amazon+Web+Services+Blog)